Men Are Happier People (I Think)
Sometimes I just have days where I can’t come up with something and I go into the Hometown View archives. Today is one of those days. This is not an original but I would imagine it sums up the feelings of many of us Neanderthals…the title is MEN ARE HAPPIER PEOPLE.
What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put, the garage is all yours, wedding plans take care of themselves and chocolate is just another snack.
- You don’t have to worry about being pregnant…you can wear a white t-shirt to a water park…actually you don’t have to wear any shirt of a water park. Auto mechanics tell you the truth.
- The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is too icky. Wrinkles and gray hair add character. Wedding dress, $5000…tuxedo rental, $200. People don’t stare at your chest while you’re talking to them.
- Belching is expected. New shoes don’t cut, blister or mangle your feet. One mood…all the time. Phone conversations last 30 seconds. A 5-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open your own jars. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
- Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. The same hairstyle lasts for years…heck many even decades. You only have to shave your face. You have freedom of choice growing a mustache. You can play with toys all your life.
- Your belly usually hides your big hips…one wallet…same color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. And finally…you can do your Christmas shopping for 25 relatives in 25 minutes on December 24th.
It’s no wonder why men are happier