NJAW replacing over 14-hundred feet of water main in Howell
New Jersey American Water will be replacing approximately 14,150 of aging water main in Howell over the summer months.
NJAW will replace main that was installed in the 1970's with ductile iron main along the following streets:
• Newbury Road from Westbrook Road to Salem Hill Road
• Newbury Circle from Newbury Road to end of roadway
• Monticello Drive from Salem Hill Road to Taunton Drive
• Springhill Drive from Monticello Drive to Newbury Road
• Kingsport Drive from Lexington Road to Chatham Drive
• Lexington Road from Monticello Drive to Chatham Drive
• Salem Hill Road from Aldrich Road to Newport Drive
The project also includes replacing six fire hydrants and 204 utility-owned service lines along the pipeline route.
This $3.3-million investment will continue to advance water service reliability and increase water flow for household consumption and fire protection in this community.
This improvement is part of New Jersey American Water’s multimillion-dollar initiative to accelerate the renewal of water infrastructure that has reached the end of its useful life in more than 100 communities across the state.
New Jersey American Water’s contractor, Perna Finnigan, began work last month and expects to finish by the end of September, weather permitting.
Work hours will be from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Work outside of these hours is not anticipated unless required to maintain project schedule.
Final street restorations are scheduled to be completed approximately 90 days after base paving has been installed.
More Jersey Shore News: