PBHG Asking Public For Gift Card Donations To Help Those In Need
Aiding your mental health has never been more important than now.
And that is why a Jersey Shore non-profit is working tirelessly to ensure everyone has the resources they need to get through this pandemic.
According to a press release, the Preferred Behavioral Health Group (PBHG) works to, "provide mental health and substance abuse education, prevention, support and treatment," and they are asking for the public's help.
They are working tirelessly to provide services and to keep everyone connected but a lot of people are struggling and PBHG just doesn't have the funds to help everyone on their own.
“We are currently living amidst very challenging times,” said Mary Pat Angelini, PBHG Chief Executive Officer. “People struggling with mental illness and substance use issues are faced with even greater challenges.”
That is why they are asking those who can spare the funds to donate gift cards so those struggling with mental health issues or substance abuse can afford food, clothes and other basic household items.
Gift cards for Walmart, Amazon, Shop-Rite and Grub Hub are strongly suggested because they can meet a lot of the immediate needs of PBHG's patients.
Donations of any food, gasoline or gift cards to other essential retail stores are also much-needed items.
The donated gift cards will support:
- Youth aging out of foster care who have recently lost their jobs (Project Independence-PI);
- Adults in recovery from opioid addiction now struggling to pay their bills (Support Team for Addiction Recovery-STAR)
- Infants and toddlers without diapers (Healthy Families-HF; In-Home Recovery Program-IHRP)
- Families supported by our Mobile Response program who have limited resources and now more than ever need food, clothing, toiletries, and cleaning supplies;
- People with mental illness who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness-PATH);
- Low income area residents with mental illness who are challenged every day to keep food on their tables (Integrated Case Management Services-ICMS).
Electronic gift cards should be sent to Judy Daniels at JDaniels@preferredbehavioral.org.
If you are mailing your gift cards, please mail them to:
Preferred Behavioral Health Group
700 Airport Road
Lakewood, NJ 08701
I know we are all struggling right now. But just imagine having to go through this pandemic while battling through an addiction or not having the mental health resources you need.
Any and all donations make a difference. Remember that and thank you in advance.
For any other information or for questions, please contact Judy Daniels at (732) 367-4700 Ext. 2240 or send an email to JDaniels@preferredbehavioral.org.
And remember. If you think YOU need help, please do not hesitate to reach out for help.
Here are the phone numbers:
- Monmouth County: 732-886-4474 or call 911
- Ocean County: 866-904-4474 or call 911
Stay safe and stay healthy everyone. And thank you too PBHG for all that you do to help others.
READ MORE: See 50 remote jobs that can pay well
More From The Point: