Six Flags Great Adventure Announces New ‘Hallowfest’ for Fall
Six Flags Great Adventure is doing something brand new this Halloween season.
It's a new event designed for the whole family called 'Hallowfest.' This will take the place of Six Flags annual 'Fright Fest.'
According to Great Adventure:
the event will feature Thrills by Day with family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park.
Hallowfest will kick off September 18 and run weekends through November 1 plus October 12. The park will operate from 2 to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 5 p.m. with varying closing times on Friday evenings.
This is key. Reservations will ensure limited capacity admission, and slots are expected to fill up quickly.
Reservations will be available online for Members and Season Pass holders beginning Sept. 3 at noon, and for daily ticket holders beginning Sept. 4 at noon at www.sixflags.com/reserve.
The company’s ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.
- All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 2 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;
- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
From 2 to 6 p.m, families will experience Thrills by Day including:
- Elaborate fall landscaping displays of pumpkins, colorful mums, cornstalks, hay bales, gourds, and festive inflatables;
- Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with kid-friendly Halloween monsters and individually packaged candy and treats;
- Kid-centric hay bale maze in one direction;
- Fun rides for all ages in the crisp, fall air; and
- Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made with Snickers candy, available for purchase.
Chills by Night begin at 6 p.m. All haunted attractions will be available outdoors in the wide-open midways:
- Creepy fog, eerie lighting, and sinister music will create the perfect backdrop for nighttime scares and chills including three haunted trails, four themed zones and street entertainment;
- Six Flags’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor for a heart-pounding Hallofest experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness; and
- Halloween gear, such as themed masks, witch headbands, light-up devil horns, and scary apparel, will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark necklaces, bracelets, and light sticks.
The Wild Safari-Drive-Thru Adventure will operate daily through Sept. 27, then weekends, and select days through Thanksgiving.
For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.