Your Spotted Lantern-fly Poll Results- Was 2023 Worse Or Better?
Last summer was the summer of the Spotted Lanternfly, or was it? Did this summer prove to be worse in New Jersey?
We all spent last summer swatting, slapping, and waving our arms. Some of us ran, and some of us screamed, but as per expert orders, we killed as many of those bugs as we could.
Even though they can be pretty to look at, we stuck to our orders and destroyed as many of them as we could. So, did all our hard work pay off this summer? We asked you if this summer is a worse or better summer in the battle against the Spotted Lanternfly.
These results are pretty interesting, but one thing is for sure. Just like many things in the Garden State, it's not unanimous. As a matter of fact, it's not really even decisive.
The percentage of New Jersey residents who say this year is absolutely worse was about 55%. The other 45% say it was absolutely better. So, we've learned pretty much nothing.
As a matter of fact, those who said this year was worse also said those bugs are way bigger than last year as well. So it all depends on where you live.
Some residents of Brick. Point Pleasant, Red Bank, and Neptune say they got hit hard, but those in Freehold, Howell, and Pine Beach said this summer was a much lighter Spotted Lanternfly season.
So, what about next year? Who knows. Just keep swatting them when you see them and we'll see what happens.