The Fantastic Ocean County Irish Festival This Saturday in Manahawkin, NJ
It may be September, but everyone will be Irish this weekend in Southern Ocean County. It's time for the fantastic Ocean County Irish Festival 2022 to come to Stafford Township this Saturday.
It's a fantastic event this Saturday, September 10th at beautiful Manahawkin Lake Park. The Ocean County Irish Festival takes place Saturday from 11 am to 7 pm. The event features bands, beer, food, and craft vendors. A fantastic day for the whole family and a good excuse to get your "green" on.
If you have never been to Manahawkin Lake Park it's easy to find here in Ocean County. Stafford Township, aka Manahawkin, is located off the Garden State Parkway at Exit 63. Take the exit off the Garden State Parkway onto Route 72 East heading towards Long Beach Island. Once you get onto Route 72 East follow until you see the exit for Route 9 in Manahawkin. Manahawkin Lake Park is located right off Route 72 East on Route 9. You can't miss it, just look for the lake it's situated around the lake.
Always fun attending an Irish festival. All kinds of crafters are on hand to get possible St. Patrick's Day decor for March. Maybe enjoy a bit of corned beef and cabbage? Maybe a pint (over 21) and do a little jig to some great Irish sounds with the music at the festival. I'm sure there will be some bagpipes playing at this event.
So grab your best "green" outfit and get ready because the Ocean County Irish Festival 2022 is just days away, this Saturday, September 10th at beautiful Manahawkin Lake Park in Manahawkin from 11 am to 7 pm this Saturday.
According to the Festival website:
- 11:00 am Festival Opens……………… Please Bring your own seating options and enjoy the entertainment.
- 11:00 – 11:15am Starlight Performing Arts Center performing The Star-Spangled Banner and The Irish National Anthem
- 11:15 am -12:30pm The Captain and O’Neill Band
- 11:00 am -1:00pm Registration for Finish Line Games Location: The Finish Line Area
- 12:30 pm Remarks from Stafford Twp Mayor Gregory Myhre
- 12:30 pm Friendly Sons of the Shillelagh donation to St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- 1pm -1:30 pm Ocean County Emerald Society Pipes & Drums
- 1:30 pm – 4pm Callan Band
- 2:00pm Start of Finish Line Games Location: The Finish line area
- 2:15 -2:30 Shamrock & Thistle Pipes and Drums Location: The Gazebo
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm Devrin Academy of Irish Dance
- 4:15pm – 4:45 pm Ocean County Emerald Society Pipes and Drums and Shamrock and Thistle Pipes and Drums
- 4:45 – 7:00 pm Willie Lynch Band
- 7 pm Drawing of Super 50/50
- 7pm Drawing of Royal Big Basket of Cheer
The Good Old Days, Blackbeard's Cave in Bayville, NJ