Toms River Halloween Parade; 10 Things You Need to Know
The Toms River Halloween Parade is this weekend after a year off, because of Covid-19, we are ready for a fabulous parade this year.
Shawn and I will once again be in the parade this year. It's something we look forward to every year. Thousands of people line the streets of Toms River to check out the awesome floats, high school marching bands, and local organizations dressed in their favorite costumes.
As we get ready for another fantastic Toms River Halloween Parade, here are 10 things you need to know before you go...
1. The Toms River Halloween Parade is Saturday, October 30th, 2021 stepping off at 7 pm. *Usually the Toms River Halloween Parade is on Halloween, October 31st - but since Halloween is on a Sunday, the parade is on Saturday.* The rain date is Monday, November 1st, 2021.
2. People line the streets of Downtown Toms River a couple of days before the parade with their lawn chairs for their front row spot.
3. The parade route begins at the Toms River Shopping Center on the corner of Highland Parkway and Rt. 166. The parade travels down Main Street turning left onto Washington Street ending at the corner of Washington Street and Hooper Avenue.
4. If you registering for the parade it must be done on the day of the parade (Saturday, October 30th, 2021) at the Henry Runco Firehouse on Robbins Street between Washington Street and Water Street in Toms River.
5. The Toms River Halloween Parade is a lot of fun, it's the 2nd largest Halloween Parade in the world. Get there early, grab something to eat at one of the delicious Toms River eateries, sit down, and enjoy.
6. There are lots and lots of people. If you'd like, wear your costumes as you're watching the parade. We love to see the costumes as we're driving along the parade route.
7. Candy is handed out, floats and cars moving should not be throwing it, but usually, someone is walking along the parade route handing out candy. It is a rule of the parade - please do not throw candy.
8. Parking for the Halloween Parade is at the Ocean County Parking Garage on Hooper Avenue. This is the best place to park, remember to come early to get that perfect parking spot and the perfect spot along the parade route.
9. If you need more information, click here.
10. Just have fun, hope to see you along the parade route, make sure to wave.