What Is On Your Sports Bucket List?
I remember I few years back I did a segment on my personal sports “bucket list” which was a list of sporting events I would like to witness first-hand. For a variety of reasons I have not crossed any of these off my list and the clock is ticking…to be honest I would be lucky to make it to even a couple of these. With “March Madness” in full bloom I thought it would be a good time to re-visit my list which is in no specific order:
- Since we are in the midst of the NCAA Tournament I would love to attend the Final Four but would need at least decent seats since they host these in football stadiums.
- Coming up next month is The Masters and Augusta in April is a dream. Cheap food, no cell phones, Amen Corner on Sunday…wow!
- Catch the Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals at Madison Square Garden.
- Spend the first Saturday in May at the Kentucky Derby. I’ll gladly wear a suit and sip mint juleps.
- Attend the Daytona 500. I’m not a racing fan but it’s a spectacle and it comes with lots of beer.
- See a Packers game at Lambeau Field but not in cold weather…a Sunday in September would be just fine.
- A road trip that includes a visit to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and a stop in South Bend to see a Notre Dame game. I’m not a Fighting Irish fan but its college football history.
- Attend a Super Bowl. It’s not high on my list but it’s there.
- If Penn State ever gets to a college football championship game that will vault to #1 on my list.
- No mention of baseball? I went to the World Series in 2015 when the Mets lost to Kansas City so that’s off my list.
What’s on your sports bucket list?
LOOK: Biggest underdog victories in March Madness