2019 Six Flags Great Adventure Fright Fest Guide
Great Adventure is getting ready to get their scare on with new attractions and additions to their annual Fright Fest kicking off Friday the 13th of September through November 3 on weekends and select days. This year's Fright Fest including the return of the 30-hour coffin challenge!
Can you stay in a coffin for 30 hours straight? The inaugural 30-hour coffin challenge was a hit last year and is coming back October 13 and 14. Six guests will be chosen from among thousands of applicants to survive 30 hours in a coffin during Fright Fest for prizes and bragging rights. The Munsters star Butch Patrick will join this year’s festivities as a guest emcee! Individuals and pairs are welcome to apply. Interested coffin dwellers can complete the application on www.sixflags.com/greatadventure beginning September 9.
Here's a rundown of the fun!
- Aftermath — This raw, post-apocalyptic world crawling with barbaric mutant scavengers has a new location in Metropolis and features new scares for 2019. Humans are charged with escaping this global catastrophe. Haunted maze pass required.
- Dead Man’s Party’s 20th Anniversary Bash — Celebrate 20 years of Dr. Fright’s iconic song-and-dance spectacular. This rock concert-meets-Broadway-style live show features new mashups of old classics, eye-popping special effects including lasers and pyrotechnics and a dynamic cast. Included with park admission.
- Blood Shed — Mama welcomes you to her nightmarish farm of half-human, half-animal mutants. They’re hungry for blood and gore and they’re hoping you’ll join them for dinner as the main course. Haunted maze pass required.
- Professor Slithers Goes Wild! — Everyone’s favorite zany professor returns with an all-new Halloween game show through Oct. 27. Included with park admission.
- Scary-oke — Calling all kids! Children are invited to take the stage to sing their favorite Halloween hits in front of a live audience. Included with park admission.
Fright Fest favorites and family-friendly events are returning!
- Trick-or-Treat Trail — Children 12 and under can trick-or-treat and meet their favorite characters from 11 am to 4 pm at a new location inside the Safari Kids section. Included with park admission.
- Unleashed — Fright Fest’s spellbinding Showcase Theater production features incredible acrobatics, illusion, and dance through Nov. 2. Included with park admission.
- The Arrival ghoul parade — A horde of demented clowns, mutants and freaks process to the graveyard with the hope of waking Dr. Fright. Included with park admission.
- The Awakening — Ghouls converse to awaken Dr. Fright and unleash “Fright by Night.” Included with park admission.
- Demon District — Under a green haze, guests must navigate the gauntlet of mutant villains that have seized control of this gritty city. Included with park admission.
- Cell Block 6 — The prison is on lockdown and visitors must try to make it out alive or be trapped with the inmates forever. Haunted maze pass required.
All “monstertainment” shows, scare zones, Safari Off-Road Adventure and world-class thrill rides are included with park admission, active Memberships and Season Passes. Eight haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright By Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily. Safari Off Road Adventure will not operate to general guests Nov. 2 and 3 during the Grape Adventure Wine and Food Festival. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.