A Thanksgiving Game Changer – White Castle Stuffing
When I first thought about stuffing made out of White Castle hamburgers I cringed. But, once I took a look at the recipe and thought about it a little more, this could be pretty amazing if you're willing to keep an open mind.
Check out this recipe from White Castle, and let me know if you give it a shot!
- 10-12 White Castle Sliders (from the restaurant with the pickles removed or picked up from your local retailer)
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground sage
- ¾ teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth or 1 cup for a casserole version
- In a large mixing bowl, tear the Sliders into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, toss well.
- Add ingredients to a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Or to stuff the ingredients into the cavity of the turkey, prepare ingredients as noted above, but reduce chicken broth to 1/4 cup, then cook as you normally would.
- Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10-to-12-pound turkey).
Note: Allow 1 Slider for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of a ¾ cup of stuffing per pound.