Dancing with the Stars New Season Cast Revealed
Dancing with the Stars is gearing up for its 16th season, and the new cast was revealed today.
Again they seem to use the term 'stars' very loosely, but the DWTS 2013 cast has some interesting people on it.
- Aly Raisman, Captain of 2012 Olympic Women's Gymnastics Team (with Mark Ballas)
- Dorothy Hamill, 1976 Olympic gold medalist in figure skating (with Tristan MacManus)
- Kellie Pickler, Country music star, and season 5 contestant on American Idol (with Derek Hough)
- Lisa Vanderpump, restauranteur and reality star of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' and 'Vanderpump Rules' (with new dancer Gleb Savchenko)
- Wynonna Judd, Grammy-winning country star and author (with Tony Dovolani)
- Zendaya Coleman, actress from Disney Channel's 'Shake it Up' (with Val Chmerkovskiy)
- Andy Dick, Actor and comedian (with new dancer Sharna Burgess)
- D.L. Hughley, Actor and comedian (with Cheryl Burke)
- Ingo Rademacher, Actor, best known as Jax on 'General Hospital' (with Kym Johnson)
- Jacoby Jones, NFL player for 2013 Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens (with Karina Smirnoff)
- Victor Ortiz, Boxing champion (with new dancer Lindsay Arnold)
The season premieres Monday, March 18th at 8 p.m. on ABC.
I found it especially interesting that they included Lisa Vanderpump (who, I will admit I love watching on RHOBH) but for the longest time, DWTS producers said they would never include Real Housewives stars.
Also notable is that Maksim Chmerkovskiy is not back this season. He used to spar with the judges a lot, but he claims he left to pursue acting and producing opportunities. Right.