Emergency Food Kits Being Given Out On April 10th In Toms River
To all of the Jersey Shore residents and families that are truly struggling throughout this pandemic, my heart goes out to you.
This is not an easy time for anyone but imagine dealing with the stress of a pandemic on top of not knowing where your next meal is coming from?
Luckily, there is some help on the way.
On April 10th, there will be food kits available at five different locations in Toms River for families in need.
A HUGE thank you to Fulfill (formerly known as the FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties) for providing these much-needed food kits which will also include groceries that can last residents for days.
"We are addressing food insecurity at a time when many families are struggling," said Mayor Maurice B. "Mo" Hill Jr. "I want everyone to know during this crisis, that Toms River Township is there to stand with them and to help in any way we can."
Food will be given drive-thru style so that everyone can practice social distancing while getting the supplies that they need.
READ MORE: Inspiring Stories From the Coronavirus Pandemic
If you plan on picking up food on April 10th, PLEASE remain in your cars and keep the windows closed. The food can be put into your trunk.
Food kits will be distributed at various locations on Good Friday, April 10, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Here are all the distribution locations:
• East Dover Elementary School, 725 Vaughn Avenue, Toms River
• Joseph A. Citta Elementary School, 2050 Lakewood Road, Toms River
• South Toms River Elementary School, 419 Dover Road, Toms River
• Walnut Street Elementary School, 60 Walnut Street, Toms River
• Third Avenue Parking Lot, Ortley Beach
• Students from Cedar Grove, Washington Street, High School East, Intermediate East and East Dover should pick up from East Dover Elementary School.
• Students from North Dover, Silver Bay, Intermediate North, High School North and Citta should pick up from Citta Elementary School.
• Students from Pine Beach, Beachwood, Intermediate South and South Toms River should pick up from South Toms River Elementary School.
• Students from West Dover, Hooper Avenue, High School South and Walnut Street should pick up from Walnut Street Elementary.
• Anyone residing on the Barrier Island, should pick up at Third Avenue, Ortley Beach
If you are in emergency need of food, please reach out to Stacy Proebstle at (732) 341-1000 ext. 8234 or send her an email at SProebstle@tomsrivertownship.com.
Thank you to the Toms River officials and all of the people at Fulfill for putting something like this together. I am sure there are A LOT of people who just let out a sigh of relief after reading this.
Take a look at the original article at APP.com.
More From The Point: