Six Flags Announces Holiday In The Park Drive-Thru Experience!
Six Flags Great Adventure is expanding Holiday in the Park to adapt to the crazy times that exist in 2020.
Introducing the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience!!
From November 30th to December 17th, you can ride through Six Flag's winter spectacular from the comfort of your car!
“We are proud to debut another way for our guests to safely celebrate the holidays with this unprecedented, magical event,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Winkler. “We have successfully transformed the traditional weekend operation of our beloved Holiday in the Park into a new, drive-thru experience during the week."
"The popularity of our Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure showed us that families are craving ways to create special memories together that are safe and socially distant, and we are honored to welcome them into our theme park winter wonderland," added Winkler. "Plus, theme park enthusiasts won’t want to miss this extremely rare opportunity to drive through the park.”
This new drive-thru experience will include 12 immersive, distinctly different areas throughout the 140-acre theme park which will be filled with millions of dazzling lights, live entertainment and festive music.
Plus, you will be greeted by your favorite holiday characters from a safe distance! And of course, Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be there for the event along with their helpful elves!
Here are the highlights of the brand new Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience:
- Jolly Jamboree: The journey begins in this new section for 2020 which features live entertainment, twinkling trees, and a red sky pathway;
- Holiday Heroes: Patriotic colors and projected stars signify the start of Holiday Heroes, a section home to some of the most iconic, hero-themed thrill rides. Guest cross the Metropolis-Narrows Bridge adorned with shimmering garland, and pass a dazzling and bold red, white and blue-wrapped tree;
- Holiday Memories: Traditional red, white and green décor evokes the warm memories of the holidays in this charming section featuring a glistening tree, festive wreaths, and glowing mistletoe balls swinging gently from the trees above;
- North Pole: This section transforms into a kaleidoscope of color with Santa’s House – completely engulfed in lights – anchoring the center while two massive nutcrackers stand guard outside, and dancing lights travel around the Bumper Cars pavilion;
- Polar Point: Guests pass the 15-story Big Wheel, illuminated in lavender, to enter a world of brilliant, ice-blue trees offering the illusion of falling snow;
- A Main Street Christmas: Located in the heart of the park, this Main Street reminiscent of a colonial Christmas is home to a spectacular, five-story, LED tree and gently-falling snow;
- Gingerbread Junction: This feast for the eyes features the Carousel pavilion’s exciting light show, peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, and giant, peppermint light projections;
- Poinsettia Peak: The section is awash in bold red tones with a beautiful tree comprised of poinsettias. Poinsettia projection lights and Skull Mountain, illuminated in red, complete this area;
- Holly Jolly Christmas: Guests will feel the chill as they pass Polar Point on their way toward THE JOKER, where Holly Jolly Christmas offers traditional red and green decor and a massive Santa inflatable;
- Joy to the World: Next, the warm, yellow glow of wrapped trees frame tranquil luminaries highlighting religious holidays from around the world along the still, moonlit Great Lake. Then, guests will journey over massive snowflake light projections under dramatically illuminated trees and continue through the dazzling Twinkle Tunnel;
- Snowman City: Standing tall – extremely tall -- the jolly, three-story inflatable snowman known as Stewey welcomes guests to Snowman City, punctuated by bright white lights and shimmering tinsel; and
- Deck the Halls: The journey draws to a close in the Boardwalk section as guests pass iconic roller coasters, larger-than-life illuminated presents, and twinkling, oversized tree trimmings.
A few important things to note:
Keep in mind that the drive through portion of the Christmas event will only be offered Monday through Thursday.
The park's iconic roller coasters, festive fire pits and delicious holiday treats will be offered on weekends only.
You must make a reservation before attending so crowds and traffic can be controlled. Tickets will NOT be available at the gate.
Tickets for the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience go on sale at 12:00 PM on November 25th. Tickets will be first come, first serve.
To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE.
For more information on Six Flag's Great Adventure's new drive-thru experience, visit SixFlags.com.
Let's take a look at what else we can expect from Six Flags Great Adventure's Drive-Thru Experience: