Keto Friendly Big Game Munchies
Tomorrow is the “Big Game” and I have a few ideas for game day munchies besides the standard meal of chicken wings. We all know that wings are a staple food that is associated with watching football, but what other things can you make for yourself and your guests that will have them raving but won’t break the bank or your back in the kitchen?
As some of you may know, I am on the Ketogenic Diet so there are foods that I should not eat because they affect the glycemic index and will knock me out of “Ketosis”. You may be thinking that “keto” is hard to follow when having a game day party, but it really is actually quite simple.
Here are a few ideas you can put out to enjoy without the worry of having a cheat day.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip served with cheese crisps or celery sticks.
- Deviled eggs
- Bacon wrapped asparagus
- Pepperoni Crust pizzas (use pepperoni topped with sauce and cheese and bake for bite sized pizza)
- Bacon Crust pizza
- Pork Rinds
- Pulled Pork with or without keto friendly BBQ sauce
- Fathead bread pizza
- Broccoli/cauliflower Cheesy Bread
- Cucumber Sliders (use cucumber instead of bread)
- Cold cuts
These are just a few appetizers that I have made. I hope you have a great time and leave with a full belly! I am looking forward to the half- time performance and the commercials!