Alarming Levels Of Arsenic & Lead Found In Baby Food Brands
Lead and arsenic are extremely dangerous but can be that much more damaging for babies whose bodies are growing and brains are developing.
Well, unfortunately, your baby might have been exposed depending on the type of baby food you are using.
There was a recent analysis done by the food safety team at the Consumer Report where 50 packaged baby food brands were analyzed and there were "measurable levels" of cadmium, lead, and inorganic arsenic.
Here is the disturbing part: two-thirds had "worrisome levels of at least one heavy metal [which] would post a potential health risk to a child."
Below are the brands that are much more concerning and should probably be avoided:
- Earth's Best Organic Chicken & Brown Rice
- Earth's Best Turkey, Red Beans & Brown Rice
- Gerber Chicken & Rice
- Gerber Turkey & Rice
- Sprout Organic Baby Food Garden Vegetables Brown Rice With Turkey
- Gerber Lil' Meals White Turkey Stew With Rice & Vegetables
- Gerber Carrot, Pear & Blackberry
- Beech-Nut Classics Sweet Potatoes
- Happy Baby Organics Organic Probiotic Baby Cereal
- Baby Mum-Mum Banana Rice Rusks\
Take a look at the original article at NJ.com for a closer look at the data.
More From The Point: