A New Restaurant, Popular Fast Food Chain and More Coming to this Busy Monmouth County, NJ Intersection
Despite opposition from residents, a new restaurant, popular fast-food chain, convenience store, and hotel will be taking up this space.
Route 35 and Deal Rd. in Ocean Township is a crazy intersection, and things are going to get a bit crazier very soon.
We now have the initial plans for "Ocean Commons." According to Paramount Realty Services website, 25,000-square-feet of retail space will be a part of Ocean Commons.
The anchor tenants will be Wawa, Chick-fil-A, Turning Point Cafe, and a Marriot Residence Inn. There will also be 70 "upscale" townhomes on the site.
The initial community reaction to this construction was outrage. Developers had to go to the courts to get moving on breaking ground on the land. It looks like Ocean Commons will be built even though residents are not happy about it.
Paramount Realty states on its website that they did adjust preliminary plans to better fit in with the community. This includes:
- Relocation of the Residence Inn by Marriott (Extended Stay) to the northern section of the land. This structure is now a great distance from Deal Road/Logan Road and is now buffered by existing trees on both sides.
- Addition of an outdoor seating and playground area in-between the two small retail buildings.
- Addition of a dog park
- An access drive aisle to the residential units from Route 35 and the commercial section of the property. This will alleviate traffic to Deal Road and Logan Road.
- They will be adding a lane to Deal Road from Logan Road all the way to Route 35.
- They will be adding a dedicated right turn land on Deal Road for cars to head north onto Route 35.
- They will construct a new jug handle on our parcel to create a safer and better flowing traffic pattern.
- Approximately 9 acres will remain green and undeveloped.
- Turning Point will be the only real visible building from Deal Road.
To check out what Ocean Commons will look like, layouts are linked here.