Starbucks Unveils 6 New Frappuccino ‘Fan Flavors’
Starbucks is on a mission to ruin all of our diets...today they added 6 new "fan-inspired" flavors to their blended Frappuccino drink lineup!
The new flavors hit stores nationwide today, June 8th. From June 19-30, you can vote online for your favorite of the six at Frappuccino.com. The winning flavor will then be discounted ($3 for a 16 oz. grande size) from 2-5 p.m. July 3-6.
The new flavors seem to be variations of so-called 'secret menu' items, which are just different combos of already existing flavorings.
(In case you're not a Starbucks regular...a Frappuccino is a frozen, blended drink that generally combined coffee, milk, and ice. The creme Frappuccino flavors contain no coffee, just milk, ice, and flavorings, and are a good treat option for the kids.)
- Caramel Cocoa Cluster - Toffee nut-flavored coffee Frap with a layer of dark caramel sauce, topped with whipped cream and mocha drizzle.
- Cinnamon Roll - Cinnamon dolce, white mocha, and vanilla bean coffee Frap with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce topping.
- Cotton Candy - Raspberry and vanilla bean creme Frap with whipped cream.
- Cupcake - Hazelnut and vanilla bean creme Frap with whipped cream.
- Lemon Bar - Vanilla creme Frap mixed with lemonade, topped with whipped cream and caramel sugar.
- Red Velvet - Raspberry vanilla mocha coffee Frap with chocolate chips, topped with whipped cream.
They are all priced at $4.75 for a grande (16 oz.) size. Made the standard way, calories range from 350 for Lemon Bar all the way up to 510 for Cinnamon Roll -- blame that white mocha sauce!
Depending on how you customize it, (whole, nonfat, soy, or coconut milk, whipped cream or no whipped cream) the calorie counts can change.
I'm most curious to try the Caramel Cocoa Cluster and the Cinnamon Roll, although the Lemon Bar sounds oddly intriguing.
For the most part, the syrups and sauces used in these recipes are available year-round, so you can get these flavors all the time, as long as you remember what's in them!