The Jersey Shore’s First Summer ‘Drive-In Concert’ is Announced
Thanks to COVID-19, many of our summertime concert traditions will have to wait until next year. However, thanks to the creativity of The Basie Center for the Arts, live music lives.
The Basie is proud to present "Drive-In Live" featuring Jersey legends Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.
The concert will take place Saturday, July 11 at Monmouth Park in Oceanport. Proceeds will benefit 501(c)3 Count Basie Center for the Arts and the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
Tickets range from $150-$225 per vehicle and go on sale Friday, June 5 at 10 am through ticketmaster.com. Only mobile touchless tickets will be accepted at the gate. A maximum of four occupants per vehicle will be permitted.
The safety of all attendees is the top priority of Monmouth Park and The Basie Center for the Arts. New Jersey state guidelines for social distancing will be strictly followed.
- Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
- Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
- You must remain inside your vehicle cabins.
- You may only leave your vehicles only to use restrooms and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between occupants.
Know before you go that:
- Passenger vehicles only will be allowed. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
- All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Concert will take place in the Grandstand General Parking Lot. Cars must enter via Port-au-Peck Avenue.
- Alcohol will not be served.
- No tailgating or out-of-vehicle gatherings.
- You will be able to hear the concert on your radio.
- No pets allowed.
I'm so excited that live music will happen this summer at the Jersey Shore!