Two dogs injured, one perishes in Jackson kitchen fire
Two dogs were rescued from a home fire on Ridgedale Avenue in Jackson Township on Sunday night, but sadly one of them has passed away, Police Chief Matthew Kunz tells WOBM News.
Police and Fire crews arrived to the home shortly after the blaze was reported around 9:15 pm where flames were coming from the back of the residence where the kitchen was located.
The homeowner made it out safely, but two dogs remained in the home.
Firefighters rescued the dogs, but while one was brought to Northstar Veterinary Hospital, the other one perished.
The homeowner was brought to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
Investigators are still tracing the source of the fire but an interview with the homeowner at the hospital indicated to police that unattended cooking may have bee the reason the flames erupted.
More From The Jersey Shore: