5 Cold Hard Thanksgiving Facts You Need to Know
Thanksgiving is here and the Jersey shore is ready to dig in. But before you do, you should check out some cold, hard Thanksgiving facts.
The incredible celebration we know as Thanksgiving does not come without it's challenges when it comes to keeping to our diets or just eating the way we hope to eat this holiday season.
So, with the help of Wallet Hub, we want to make sure you know the cold hard facts about Thanksgiving before you dig in this year. Here are 5 facts about thanksgiving you need to know.
(1) The number of calories consumed by Americans on Thanksgiving is over 8.1 billion (and I swear half of that is just at my family celebration).
(2) 83% of Thanksgiving hosts prepare the meal all by themselves, with no help at all. That's a lot of work, so we should give plenty of thanks to them!
(3) Americans spend over $640 million on turkeys each year.
(4) Here's the one that will make you cringe. The average American consumes 4500 calories on Thanksgiving, although that's not really as bad as I thought it would be.
(5) Here's the one that will make you cringe more. It will take the average male 10 hours and 41 minutes to burn off those same 4500 calories. Ouch. See you at gym.
So there it is. Keep some of these stats in mind, or not, during the big feast. At least you know in advance!
More From Monmouth & Ocean Counties