5 Simple Ways You Can Help Those Who Need It Most
ARC of Monmouth supports those with autism, Down syndrome and other intellectual/developmental disabilities and their family members. They describe their organization with these words: Kindness, Respect, Responsible, Passionate, Mission-driven, Ethical, Fun, Trustworthiness, Flexible, Positive-Attitude, Dedicated, Committed, Smart, Enthusiastic, Above & Beyond, Humble, Dependable, Motivated, and Leaders. All great words to teach your kids.
Here are some easy ways to provide a kind act that will put a smile on your face and the ones you help. Take a moment and see if one of these simple acts of kindness is possible for you:
1. Share positivity. Reach out to loved ones. Check in on neighbors. Be patient with others. This is a tough time for everyone and we are all struggling, so do your best to be kind. Remember: Viruses may be contagious, but so is kindness, love, and joy.
2. Buy a gift card as a donation so that you can share your favorite restaurant dinner as a special treat at one of ARC's group homes. Restaurants and local activities make great community inclusion trips for their day programs once they start back up. You can email digital gift cards to Development@arcofmonmouth.org...or mail them to 1158 Wayside Road, Tinton Falls, NJ 07712
3. Clear out your craft or game closet and donate those supplies. Many of the ARC's participants love painting, drawing, or making crafts. Same goes for games, puzzles, gardening supplies, etc. New or in good condition only, please. To make arrangements for pick up or drop off, call 732-493-1919, ext.125
4. If you have gloves or masks to spare, you can help keep the ARC's direct support professionals safe (and show your thanks for all they do) while they are providing 24/7 care to the residents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-493-1919 ext. 125 to make arrangements.
5. Once we are clear of Covid-19 restrictions, plan to become a volunteer. Because events will be planned for the future that will require committees for everything from golfing to walking (their virtual walk fundraiser is Sept. 12th!) to the Winter Glow Gala in order to fundraise for this amazing organization. If interested, email Development@arcofmonmouth.org or call 732-493-1919 ext.125 and for info on "Step Up for The ARC" virtual walk, go to www.arcofmonmouth.org/walk
A big shout-out to the ARC's dedicated staff. Each day, especially during the Covid crisis, brings new challenges and the staff has gone above and beyond to keep everyone safe, healthy, and engaged.
For more info on The Arc of Monmouth, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to make a monetary donation, CLICK HERE.
And to follow what's going on among these joy-filled faces at The Arc of Monmouth, CLICK HERE.
A big thanks to Tom Hayes and NJNG for their community support of this important organization and others like it in our area who could use our support. Shining a light on those in need and ways we can help is an important outreach for which we are grateful.
See 6 Jersey Shore H.S. Students Who Won 'Axe' Performance Awards