Their house caught fire and they can't live there...right after the mom had surgery for lung cancer. How much more can one family take?

The Martignetti family from Wall Township needs our help. Their home caught fire in the middle of the night (last month) and although everyone got out safely, they escaped only with the clothes on their backs. Their house was destroyed.

The family has FIVE children, 2 parents, and a pet.

Added to that nightmare, Christine, the mom, had just been diagnosed with lung cancer and had surgery three days before the fire. She was at home recovering when the house caught fire.

(Photo courtesy of christine Martignetti)

But that's not all. The Martignetti family recently lost their health insurance and also needs to cover living expenses while they are displaced. They have unpaid medical bills. They need clothing and food, etc.

The community of St. Rose High School has gathered together to raise money to help this family rebuild, so if you would like to make a donation, all of the proceeds will go directly to the family with no service fees or deductions taken out. PLEASE CLICK HERE.

Or you can donate vie gofundme by CLICKING HERE.

You are also invited to show your support at a special fundraising event. Please come to Bar Anticipation (703 16th Ave., Lake Como) on Sunday, Feb. 24th, from 1 pm - 6 pm, and show your love for this family in their time of need. $30 for adults, $20 for kids includes buffet and drink specials for those over 21. There will also be raffles, a 50/50, and entertainment by Wallnutz, The Pat Roddy Band, Marc Ribbler and Friends, Dark Horse, and Yasgur's Farm.

A second fundraiser will be held at River Rock in Brick on March 2nd starting at 12:30 pm featuring music from MMDA vocalists and musicians.

To read the news story about this fire, CLICK HERE.

(Photo courtesy of Christine Martignetti)