Have Fun and Help Some Great Causes Over the Next 3 Days!
From lunch with your pet, to Zumba... from great meals by local chefs to 5K walk/runs and soccer games, here are some super fun events you can attend that will raise money for several people in need at the Jersey Shore.
You can have a great time at one of these five wonderful events while feeling good about helping someone who needs it!
1. Head to The Boondocks Fishery, 1 Wharf Ave., Red Bank, this Sunday, Sept. 10th, for a dog show called Strut Your Mutt, to benefit animals with cancer. Noon - 4 pm. There will be food and refreshments, live music, vendors, and you get to bring your dog! There will also be a dog show with prizes in 7 categories. $20 per dog, $10 per spectator. CLICK HERE for tickets.
2. Take part in a Zumba Fundraiser to benefit Colette Gruber, a single mom of 5 kids from Beachwood who is battling stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her spine, pelvis, ribs, liver, and armpit. The special Zumba class takes place this Saturday, Sept. 9th, at Beachwood Surf and Birch Park, 901 Ensign Ave., at 10 am. It's a 90-minute class featuring Tara Romano along with several other guest instructors and music. A $20 donation is requested. For tickets, CLICK HERE. If you can't make it but would like to help Colette, CLICK HERE.
3. The Fallen Heroes Memorial 5K takes place Saturday, Sept. 9th, 9:30 am, at Bar A in Lake Como, followed by a free barbecue for all runners and walkers. Pre-race drinks and food, DJ, bagpipers, kid's races on the sand, walkers, and dogs welcome. Cost is $25. All to help veterans and get them service dogs! For more info, CLICK HERE!
4. Saturday, Sept. 9th, is the Madison Beggs Soccer Marathon called Kicks 4 Kids to fight childhood cancer one kick at a time. It takes place at Soldier Memorial park in Howell in memory of Madison Beggs, a 12-year old Howell resident who lost her 22-month battle with brain cancer.Funds raised will go to the Frances Foundation for kids fighting cancer, and to pediatric cancer research at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Soccer, food, music, dunk tank, inflatables, games, and more. For more info, CLICK HERE.
5. On MONDAY evening, Sept. 11th, you're invited to an awesome food event to help childhood cancer research at The Parker House in Sea Girt from 6 pm - 10 pm. This will be a night full of delicious food from over 15 of our area's finest restaurants all coming together to support the Quincy Lee Foundation. Tickets are $60 and are all inclusive. 100% of proceeds go to pediatric cancer research. CLICK HERE for tickets.