Join 5K Run In Sea Girt, NJ To Support The Fight Against Cancer
Say it with me now:
This killer disease can bite the big one as far as I am concerned.
But there is a way to fight back: to show up for an annual fundraiser hosted by the nonprofit organization known as Just Us Girls ! (More on this event in a second...)
According to their website, they are, "a non-profit, all volunteer organization addressing the holistic and financial needs of women and men in Monmouth and Ocean Counties who are dealing with the trauma of breast cancer."
They have a few goals for the organization as well:
- ease the lives of those women and men who have been affected by breast cancer;
- Non partially distribute all monies raised though our annual 5K and other event and activities;
- Advocate education and sensitivity in dealing with breast cancer issues;
- Encourage the exchange of ideas and information to keep pace with current trends in research and treatment.
It really is amazing work that Just Us Girls is doing.
You want to get involved?
Coming up is the Just Us Girls 28th Annual 5K Run/Walk at the Sea Girt Army Camp located at 100 Camp Drive in Sea Girt on October 8th. The walk/run will kick off at 9:30 AM.
There are a few things you should know about this race:
1. Mother/daughter teams must finish together (I love this)
2.There will be trophies for 1st three female finishers in each category
3. Men are welcome to participate
If you register in advance, it costs $35.00. The fee is bumped up to $40.00 if you register on the day of the race.
Here's a little added bonus to sign up NOW: If you register before October 6th, you guaranteed a long sleeve t-shirt for the event.
Then immediately after, a post celebration with food and drinks will be hosted at the Manasquan Elks Lodge located 17 Stockton Lake Blvd in Manasquan.
I am applauding those in this organization for working to make a difference all these years. Cancer is tough but with events like this, we are fighting back.
HIYA! Take that cancer.
For more information, head to JustUsGirls.net.
CLICK HERE for the registration flyer for the event.