How To Keep The Kids Entertained In A COVID Winter In New Jersey
If your kids are like mine, then they’re practically bouncing off the walls after 11 months of COVID (not to mention we're in the peak of winter). Well, even with all that working against us, there’s still a bunch of things we can do locally and safely to keep our kiddos sane. I saw some of these ideas online and had to start checking them off my list. I thought you would like them for your family too!
- Bundle and Boardwalk! Sure, you have to bundle up a bit but strolling the boardwalk is a great way to get outside and stretch those legs. While you're there, enjoy some socially distanced lunch and even treat the kids to Jenkinson's Sweet Shop! Yum.
- Jenkinson’s Aquarium & Arcade is always fun and they are open all year round!
- The Cape May Zoo is like a best-kept secret right now because you will practically have the place to yourself! Perfect for COVID compliance. Plus they sanitize constantly there, even the new kids playground is sprayed down on the regular.
- Indoor Amusement Park I know you may be thinking that this sounds like a COVID concern, but iPlay America in Freehold is taking every precaution. Enjoy laser tag, games, and rides for the little guys everything is sanitized throughout the day.
- Let's Jump! This is my favorite! I’m a huge trampoline fan...I used to go to this cool outdoor trampoline park in Ship Bottom when I was a kid so doing this activity brings back all kinds of happy memories! Get Air in Freehold has plenty of trampolines, a dodge ball court, and a special area for little ones to jump plus basketball hoops!
- Pump it Up is in Freehold too…they have HUGE inflatable’s for the kids to literally bounce off the walls.
- Insectropolis is great if your kid is critter-curious! It's right in Toms River and they do an awesome job of letting your little one get up close and personal with the creepy crawlers. Your kids can even go to a Bug University! (Maybe now you won’t find a mason jar of little friends hidden in your kid’s closet).
- Monmouth Museum is a nice way to sneak some learning into lots of fun! The Monmouth Museum is in Lincroft and they have two wings just for kids where they can explore a shore habitat complete with a pirate ship, check out a treehouse and lots more!
- The New Jersey Maritime Museum in Beach Haven is great for your little history buff. They can explore shipwreck artifacts, diving gear, and photos to let their imaginations soar!
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Is open for business and ready to show you and your kids that truth is stranger than fiction. Go marvel at the bizarre and don’t forget to check out the shrunken human head! Also, the laser maze will put you guys to the test!
Don’t worry, we’ll be back on the beach soon! In the meantime, Moms, just keep runnin’ em’ ragged so they sleep like babies and you can get your me-time & Mommy Juice!
See more fun ideas at MommyPoppins.com.