94.3 The Point logo
Get our free mobile app

NJSIAA Tournament

Sectional Semifinals

Central Jersey Group III

(1) Manasquan 64, (5) Ewing 38 - Watch

Senior Matt Solomon and freshman Darius Adams scored 17 points apiece and the Warriors (24-5) routed the Blue Devils (14-9) to reach the sectional final round for the third straight NJSIAA Tournament and for the fifth time in the last seven.

Sophomore Alex Konov added eight points and freshman Griffin Linstra chipped in seven for Manasquan, which will host the Central Jersey Group III final Tuesday against the winner of Saturday night's game between No. 2 Robbinsville and No. 3 Brick Memorial.

(2) Robbinsville 40, (3) Brick Memorial 39 - Watch

Senior Brian Herbert scored all 12 of his points in the second half and the Ravens (20-7) held off a late rally to beat the Mustangs (20-7) and reach the sectional final Tuesday at top-seeded Manasquan.

Senior Luke Braaten led Brick Memorial with 13 points and nine rebounds before fouling out with 1:16 remaining. Junior Brian Starrett pitched in 11 points, nine rebounds and four assists for Brick Memorial, which trailed by 10 points during the third quarter before rallying to tie the game at 29 early in the fourth with a 12-2 run.

Brick Memorial had a chance to tie the game with 5.1 second left, when junior Dorian Alston (seven points) was fouled going up for a layup attempt. Alston missed the first and made the second and after a timeout, Brick Memorial forced a scramble with a deflection.

The two teams jostled for the ball and before it could be sorted out with a possession or a jump ball, the clock expired.


Central Jersey Group I

(2) Keyport 67, (3) New Egypt 53Watch

Senior D.J. Thomson scored 14 of his game-high 23 points in the second half and classmate George Mitchell went for 12 of his 16 after the break as the Red Raiders (19-6) came to life after halftime to beat the Warriors (16-11) and reach the Central Jersey Group I final for the first time since winning the section in 2004.

Keyport trailed New Egypt, 27-26, at halftime and was tied, 34-34, with the Warriors late in the third quarter. Junior Terrek Mimes then hit his second three-pointer of the quarter to break the tie and after Thomson added a floater before the end of the quarter, the Red Raiders led, 39-36, heading to the fourth.

Mitchell got the capacity crowd fired up with a dunk as he was fouled and completed the three-point play to make it 44-36 early in the fourth quarter. Keyport took full control of the game with a five-point possession that was the result of a New Egypt technical foul, with Mitchell capping the possession with a drive to the basket to make it 55-42.

Devin Kimmick led New Egypt with a game-high 30 points.

Keyport heads to the Central Group I final Tuesday for a road game at top-seeded Burlington City, which was the team that ended the Red Raiders' season in 2004 in the overall Group I semifinals.


More From 94.3 The Point