10 Halloween Events at the Jersey Shore This Month
A Jersey Shore author who has written the book on things to do at the Jersey Shore (literally!) has some Halloween suggestions for you!
R.C. Staab is the author of 100 Things To Do at the Jersey Shore Before You Die and now he is offering up some suggestions for this month as we try our best to celebrate Halloween despite the pandemic.
Check out his list of ten things you can do in October 2020:
1. Halloween at Historic Village at Allaire, Allaire State Park, Wall Township – Family friendly activities including children’s costume parade, spooky story telling, pet costume parade, scavenger hunt, fortune telling, bubble witch and historic demonstrations. 11am-4pm, Octdober 31. Allairevillage.org
2. Nightmare at Gravity Hill, Jackson -- A dozen different scenes/settings spread out over 5 acres. 35 minutes of spine-chilling walkable haunted trails and creepy themes & adventures. This is not a hayride where you can hide from the creatures of the night, so wear comfortable shoes in case one of them takes a liking to your scent and decides to keep you! Open every Friday, Saturday in October. Reservations required. Admission $30. Nightmareatgravityhill.com
3.Scary Rotten Farms, Brick – Remember your favorite childhood fairy tales brought to life, but scary and twisted. Visit a plague-infested community and a chaotic carnival of chaos. Tickets start at $18 for one attraction. Friday, Saturday and Sundays in October plus October 28-29. Scaryrottenfarms.com
4. Casola Farms Haunted Houses, Marlboro – Variety of individual priced horrors and attractions including Zombie paintball, Haunted Hayride of Terror and 3D Haunted Barn. Friday, Saturday and Sundays in October. Hauntedcasola.com
5. Hallowfest, Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson –Thrills by Day with family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park, weekends through November 1. Face masks are required. Reservations are required. Tickets start at $34.99. For a complete breakdown of activities CLICK HERE.
6. The Dark Carnival, Bayville – A circus themed haunted attraction housed in a 7000 square foot octagonal arena. Dare to walk through a 1000-foot carnival maze and encounter 25-30 trained performers. Also included are:
-- The Meat Grinder: The screams of animals and the tearing sounds of chainsaws are heard when you enter the frozen lair of the Pig Man.
-- Night Terrors: Walk through the dark darkened hallways to find out if the demons of your fear truly exist in the dark.
-- The Sanitarium: When medicine can no longer control the sickness, do you have what it takes to survive?
Open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October. Reservations required. Admission $20. Darkcarnivalhauntedhouse.com
7. Surflight Theatre, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island – Vintage Hitchcock, A live Radio Play.
October 24, 30, 31 @ 7:30 pm, $29.50 Spies, murder, love, and other trademarks of Alfred Hitchcock come to life in the style of a 1940s radio broadcast of the master of suspense's earlier films. With The Lodger, Sabotage and The 39 Steps, Vintage Hitchcock: A Live Radio Play is a triple feature, complete with vintage commercials, that recreates a daring train chase, a serial killer's ominous presence, and a devastating explosion through the magic of live sound effects and musical underscoring. surflight.org
8. Storybook Land’s Trick or Treat Weekends, Egg Harbor Township – Trick or treat safely through a storybook land of adventures. Each child receives a free mini pumpkin to decorate and a mini trick or treat bag to visit contactless treat stations throughout the park. Children are encourage to come in costume but approved cloth face coverings must be worn at all times. Elmer’s Hay Mazin’ Maze invites kids to wind their way through hay bales and cornstalks. Then hop aboard the Happy Hayride on a trip around the park. Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October except October 31. Advance tickets are $26.95 online. Looks like 10/16 and 10/25 dates are still available so book quickly. storybookland.com
9. Historic Smithville - Monster Bash featuring the areas largest Zombie Walk Saturday, October 24, (rain date Oct. 31) from 10 am to 6:30 pm. Make-up artists, live music, The Monster Bash/ Walk of the Zombies. Especially for women, come out for Witches Day Out! Sunday, October 25. Parade & Judging 3:30 to 4:30, witch auction, prizes at stores. Scavenger hunt throughout the village.
10. Ghoul Spring Village at Historic Cold Spring Village, Cape May –Pierce the veil between the world of the living and the world of the dead at Historic Cold Spring Village. They are offering a family friendly haunted walk-thru for young and old alike. Games, candy, food, and spooky scares. Goodie bag at the end of the walk for children. Saturday and Sunday, October 23 & 24, 2020, 11:00am-5:00pm Tickets are $3 for children, $5 for adults. hcsv.org
Ghost Walk at Historic Cold Spring Village, Cape May – Walking tour that highlights some of the paranormal activities that have been experienced by the staff over the years! Friday night tours will be led by Bob Bitting, local medium and Saturday night tours will be led by a staff member. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 16-18. Tickets are $14 for children, $16 for adults. hcsv.org
Follow 100 Things Jersey Shore HERE.