7 Things You Can Do at Pick Your Paw in Freehold Mall
If you're ready to adopt a new rescue pet into your life...great! But even if you're not, here are some awesome things you can do at Pick Your Paw Animal Rescue.
If you're looking for a forever pet and want to save a life, please stop by and fill out an application. Once your references are checked, you will be able to come in and find a dog that you can bond with. (But don't expect to walk in and bring a pet home the same day...this rescue group is serious about doing things the right way and getting all of your information/checking references before they will let you choose a dog that you can take home...so don't go falling in love with a rescue pet until you have been cleared to choose one.)
But even if you're not ready to adopt a(nother) pet, here are other ways to get involved:
1. Pick Your Paw is in constant need of volunteers to work in the store, walk the dogs (both inside the mall and out back to take potty breaks) and to foster the rescues they take in, because they don't like to keep them in the mall overnight when they can go to a home for doggie sleepovers. SIGN UP HERE to volunteer, or (your best bet) stop by and talk to someone on-premises.
2. Since this is a non-profit organization aiming to save as many doggie lives as they can by taking in as many animals that otherwise would have died or been put down, Pick Your Paw exist solely on your donations. So if you are stopping by with your kids to go in and enjoy looking at the precious dogs and puppies, please try to make a donation of any size while you are there.
3. Buy something, and your money goes to support this animal rescue group. Some of the things you can purchase there include pet supplies and toys, calendars, t-shirts, leashes, etc. So you can get some supplies for your own pet, or a gift for another dog lover in your life and know that the money you spend is going to a great cause.
4. If you are a dog owner already, then even if you didn't adopt your dog from Pick Your Paw you can bring your animal in for training classes held on premises. And part of that training includes getting to walk your dog-in-training around the mall! So if your dog or puppy has bad manners, is shy or afraid, barks, growls, lunges or bites, or is otherwise tough to handle, Sam Wilke (CPDT-KA, VSPDT) of The Inner Dog, can help you! And it's all done force-free, with no pain and no fear. There is also a really cool Pet Dog Ambassador Program!
5. You can get a paw sponsorship with your name shows in a highly-visible place, the chance to choose a name for a rescued dog and special updates and videos throughout the year.
6. This one is for CAT LOVERS!!!!!!! Joining Pick Your Paw in the mall location is All Fur Love, so that you can rescue a cat or two to take home with you!
7. Keep up to date on social media with Pick Your Paw to take advantage of Doggie Yoga and other events they have happening. This month, for example, there is a Valentine's Day Photo Shoot (Feb. 10th, 11 am - 2 pm) for your pets!
So if you're looking for a forever pet and want to save a life, please stop by and fill out an application. Once your references are checked, you will be able to come in and find a dog that you can bond with.**
**In the case of dog adoptions, don't expect to walk in and bring a dog home the same day. This rescue group is serious about doing things the right way and getting all of your information/checking references before they will let you choose a dog that you can take home...so don't go falling in love with a rescue pet until you have been cleared to choose one.
To email or call: