There’s a Kid-Friendly, Hauntless Hayride Rolling Around Egg Harbor Twp., NJ
Is the scary part of spooky season not for you? You might want to check out a hayride that's tamer than it is terrifying.
The Happy Hauntless Hayride rolls around Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
Many people love Halloween, but not the haunts that come along with it. So, it's nice to see some festive activities happening where guests don't have anxiety about being scared, especially when it's unexpected. And the goal of Halloween for kids is never to leave them in tears, lol.
The Happy Hauntless Hayride is a roving, animated attraction featuring music, flashing lights and other special effects.
Free hayrides are given throughout Egg Harbor Township on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout October at 'host' homes (a resident who volunteers their home to be a starting/stopping point for the ride) and special events.
The organizers will review the neighborhood of potential hayride hosts to make sure it can accommodate their Halloween float, which requires a 13-foot clearance. A development with an 'inside loop' is needed so the float can stop and start at the same location.
It's important to note this hayride does not make trips down any main roads (Black Horse Pike, Zion Road, Spruce Ave., etc.).
How it works:
- The home of the hayride host provides the starting point.
- Host sets up a sign-up table for parents to sign waivers and to hand out hayride wristbands.
- Happy Hauntless Hayride accommodates up to 25 guests/ride.
- There can be up to approximately 6 rides per location.
- The hayride stops running by 10 p.m.
- The more the merrier!
The hayride is free, but hosts are asked to provide at least one bag or more of Halloween candy that organizers use to hand out during the upcoming Medford, Mays Landing, and Ocean City Halloween parades. Providing hayride operators with candy is suggested (and greatly appreciated) but not required as families and children hoping to ride would never be turned away.
To inquire about a Happy Hauntless Hayride in an EHT neighborhood near you, please send a message HERE.
You can also catch the Happy Hauntless Hayride at the following Trunk or Treat events:
- Egg Harbor Township High School, October 14th 12 - 2
- Inland Success Center on October 16th (registration required)
- Scullville Fire Company at the Terror in the Junk Yark located at (352 Zion Road, EHT)