Keto Friendly Shrimp Tacos For Cinco De Mayo
As some of you may know, I have been on the Ketogenic Diet for a few months. I have lost 45 lbs. so far! Such a great journey and not as difficult as people may think. I have done so much research prior to starting. Learning what I should omit and finding healthy substitutes hasn’t been any real struggle. Especially when it comes to tacos! I have eliminated the tortilla and replaced it with a baked cheese shell. Super easy to make! Then I fill it with my favorite fresh taco ingredients. Here is the recipe for my favorite shrimp taco: (keep in mind, I eyeball everything and season to taste)
- 1 – Bag shredded Mexican Blend Cheese (unseasoned)
- 1 – Pound of fresh Peeled Shrimp
- 1 – Avocado sliced or fresh Guacamole
- 1 – Half an onion sliced in chunks
- 1 – Green pepper cut in chunks
- A few Baby Portabella Mushrooms – sliced
- 1 – Lime quartered
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Cilantro cut
- Fresh Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Olive Oil
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
How to make:
Easy Cheese Bake Tortilla Shells:
- Pre-heat oven to 450*
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (NOT WAX PAPER)
- Put two mounds of shredded cheese in a pile on the parchment paper and bake for 7 minutes or until all the cheese is looking blub blubby aka bubbling. The edges may be golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
KETO SHRIMP TACOS:
- Lightly coat a sauté pan with olive oil.
- Put in onions and peppers until almost soft then add the mushrooms.
- Remove from pan and then cook the shrimp until almost cooked and add the already cooked ingredients and squeeze half of the lime on the cooking ingredients.
- Sprinkle, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder until it tastes like taco. LOL. You may want to add a little water to spread the seasonings throughout your ingredients.
- Add fresh cilantro, stir and remove from heat.
- Once the shells are cooled fill them with your ingredients and top with fresh avocado or guac, a spoonful of Pico De Gallo and a spoonful of Sour Cream. Squeeze the remaining lime over top and if you like, garnish with extra cilantro. SO DELISH!!!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!! I know I do!!!