Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Fill Your weekend with fun for the whole family! Here’s a list of what’s happening in our area Friday, Aug. 16 through Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013:
– Brielle Boy Scout Troop 63 invites you and your family to Scout Movie Night, an evening of music, food, and a movie under the stars tonight. It starts at 6 pm tonight (Friday) in the Brielle Park on Union Lane in Brielle. Start off by dining picnic style with their ‘cooked to order’ concession stand (hamburgers, hot dogs, cold beverages, popcorn, candy, and ice cream from HOFFMAN’S!) While you dine before the movie, enjoy the Project P.A.C.K.M.A.N. band performing music for all ages by young local musicians.The movie is the digitally re-mastered E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Admission is FREE. Bring your lawn chair and blanket show support for the local boy scouts! For more information, email email@example.com.
– The Annual Rolling Iron Antique Auto show at the Historic Village at Allaire State Park in Farmingdale is Sunday featuring cars and motorcycles from all over the tri-state area competing for prizes based on your votes. See original Model T Fords, foreign cars, and more! 8 am – 3 pm, $5 parking fee (which benefits educational programs at the village). Show vehicles may register on the day of the event for $18. for more info call 732-919-3500. While you’re there, check out the General Store, Bakery and Historic Homes and Trade Shops. Take a tour of Mr. Allaire’s mansion and play some 19th Centery Games with the Villagers.
– Outdoor Movie Night on the beach in Belmar Saturday 8 – 10:30. 8th Ave. and Ocean Ave. The movie will be “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”. FREE. Bring your own blanket or chair, get there early for parking and a good spot on the sand. Refreshments available if you don’t bring your own. Call 732-681-3700 for questions.
– The Bradley Beach Kids Run is tonight (Friday). From diaper dashes to one-milers, there’s a race for kids of all ages. And there are medals at the finish line. You can still register on site. Fee is $15. The race begins at 6:30 pm. Registration opens at 5:30 pm. Bradley Blvd. & Evergreen Avenue.
– Crab Cake Cook-Off at Monmouth Park. Saturday and Sunday, Noon – 5 pm. Cheer on the horses and taste some of the best food at the Jersey Shore. Racing, entertainment, family activities, crab cakes, fried catfish, clam chowder bread bowls, BBQ, ice cream and more. Chefs battle for the titles of Best Crab Cake and the People’s Choice Award.
– Manasquan Fine Arts & Music Night. Main Street in Manasquan will stay open late! Fun all up and down Main Street. Saturday from 4 pm – 9 pm.
– Ocean Grove Beach Scavenger Hunt. Meet at the Beach Office on Saturday, 1 pm – 4 pm. FREE.
– Live Animal Show…featuring reptiles and amphibians that live at the Manasquan Reservoir. At the Environmental Center at Manasquan Reservoir in Howell, Sunday 11 am and 2 pm. FREE.
For more details on some of these events, or for more events, click here.