Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here are some of the great family events taking place in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this weekend, Nov. 8 – 10, 2013:
– Fall Craft Show at the new Fort Monmouth Recreation Center in Tinton Falls, Saturday, 9 am – 2 pm. Come out and shop for the holidays! You can get more info by clicking here and look under the Fort Monmouth recreation Center Fall Programs.
– A fundraiser is being held for a long-time Tinton Falls resident battling an aggressive form of Leukemia who is unable to afford a bone marrow transplant. Fred Rosamilia’s neighbors are coming together for the “Friends of “Fred” fundraiser. It’s a dinner and gift auction Saturday at Moose’s Tavern in Tinton Falls. Tickets can be purchased there for $30 at the door.
– Allaire Village’s final Flea Market of 2013 is Saturday, 8 am – 3 pm. $1 admission, children under 12 are free.At Allaire State Park’s Show field, 4263 Atlantic Avenue in Farmingdale.
– Become a volunteer with the Marine Mammal Stranding Center if you are 18 or older and live within 15 minutes of a beach or coastal waterway. A free volunteer workshop is being held in Point Pleasant Saturday at 9 am. Call for details: 609-266-0538. No experience necessary. You won’t treat the mammals that wash up on shore — you will be needed to help keep the mammal safe and untouched until technicians arrive to care for it.
– Evita isat the Algonquin Theatre on Main Street in Manasquan. Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical masterpiece is the story of Eva Peron, the ambitious young starlet turned First Lady of Argentina.. Friday and Saturday nights at 8 pm. Tickets range from $15 – $36.
– Ocean’s Harbor House 5K Run-Walk will raise money to shelter abused and neglected children. The run-walk takes place Saturday at First Energy Park in Lakewood.
– It’s breathtaking in scope. The six thousand American Flags planted at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Middletown ranks among the shore’s most impressive tributes to our fighting men and women. Everyone’s welcome at their remembrance service Saturday at 1 pm. Veterans of Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo will speak at the service.
– For more events taking place in our area, click here.