Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here’s what’s happening in Monmouth and Ocean Counties this weekend, Nov. 22 – 24, 2013:
– The 30th Annual Turkey Trot in Manasquan is back after having to cancel last year due to Superstorm Sandy. It’s a 5 mile and 1 mile run on Saturday east of the railroad tracks. Thousands are expected to take to the streets to run for charity, beginning at first Avenue and Brielle Road at 10 am. All proceeds go to area charities and nonprofits. Brought to you by the Jersey Shore Running Club.
– The Annual Sea Girt Elementary School Craft Market will feature 60 high quality crafters from 8 states. A huge assortment of crafts, homemade baked goods, 20 flavors of homemade fudge, a holiday display that Barlow’s Flower Farm organizes,and lunch served by the school’s 8th graders. This craft market is a tradition that began in 1985 and is this Saturday at 9 am- 4:30 pm and Sunday,10 am – 4:30 pm in the school’s hallways and gym on Rt. 71 in Sea Girt. FREE.
– “With Love at Christmas” Concert with the NJ State Opera’s children’s choir, guest soloists and lush orchestra performing popular holiday musical selections. Strand Center for the Arts in Lakewood, Sunday, 3 – 5 pm.
– A young girl’s fantasy world and the prince of her dreams come to life in Tchaikovsky’s the Nutcracker, featuring the Mouse King, the Sugar Plum Fairy, Clara, and all the whimsical characters this Sunday at Ocean County College in Toms River. The ballet for young audiences performs the holiday perennial in the Arts and Community Center. Two performances available.
– If you think that Thanksgiving is all about football and Black Friday sales that now begin at 8 pm on Thanksgiving, see how it was almost 200 years ago. The 1836 Day Of Thanks at Historic Allaire Village Sunday includes a chapel service, cider pressing,old-fashioned games, militia demonstrations, hearth cooking with the Villagers. and more. You can also head into the bakery and general store for some gift shopping. Noon – 3 pm. The Festive Chapel Program is at 1 pm.