Weekend Events at the Jersey Shore
Here are some great ideas for you and your family this weekend!
This weekend, May 4th and 5th, 2013, there are some fun things for you and your kids to do:
– Allaire Village (4263 Atlantic Ave., Farmingdale) has a bunch of activities planned:
First of all, it’s their first Craft Market of 2013 is this Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm. Admission is $2, children under 12 are free. The General Store and Bakery is open 10 am – 4:30 pm.
Secondly, Sherlock Holmes returns to Allaire Village this Saturday with an interactive performance at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $15, limited seating available at the Historic Chapel. Call 732-919-3500 for ticket information. Neil Hartley brings the super sleuth to life in Arthur Conan Doyle’s adventure of the speckled band. Proceeds support educational and cultural programs at Historic Allaire Village.
– Manasquan’s Spring Sidewalk Sale. Lots of shopping to be had! On Main Street (and the surrounding streets) in Manasquan, Friday and Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm.
– Freehold Raceway Mall (and 94.3 The Point) present the Kid’s Breakfast, Saturday 9 am – 10:30 am in the food court. This month’s theme is Baby Animals and the Monmouth County SPCA will be there! They have some precious puppies and kittens and dogs and cats at the mall! Free carousel rides, breakfast treats (get there early for that!), activities including games and crafts from Nat Geo, and prizes. FREE! Come on out and join Liz Jeressi for this fun event, best suited for kids ages 1 – 8. Free play area, too!
– The 44th annual Manasquan PBA fishing tournament at Mac’s Pond in Manasquan. This great activity is open to kids ages 3 – 13 (and some of these little fishermen get up early to prepare!) Registration begins at 8:15 am, and it runs 9 am – Noon.
– Classic Car Cruise in downtown Point Pleasant Beach. Featuring antique cars, collectible cars, hot rods, trucks, and motorcycles. The streets are closed to traffic for this FREE event, which also features live music and dancing. Noon – 4 pm. I have been taking my boys to this event for years. It’s a real favorite of ours!