Money Challenge: Week 48
After today, we have just four payments left in the 52-Week Money Challenge!
This week is all about being thankful, and today, I'm thankful for all the people who took on this challenge with me, and kept me committed to finishing!
I know it's not easy, especially if you're doing the challenge the regular way, and these last weeks will certainly require a bit of sacrifice, but don't quit now - finish strong and know that you are able to stick to a New Year's Resolution!
Keep thinking of small ways to cut expenses:
- Stay as close as possible to the speed limit on the highway -- it will improve your car's gas mileage so you have to fill up less often.
- Turn off the lights every time you leave a room, and unplug items you aren't using -- it can reduce your electric bill.
- Don't run the dishwasher or washing machine until they are full -- they're more efficient!
- Brown bag your lunch to work -- going out everyday can add up fast.
- Look for special deals and coupons for your holiday shopping -- and put the money you saved towards this challenge!
If you're doing the challenge the regular way, add $48, for a total of $1,176. Team Backwards, add in $5, for a total of $1,368!