The Wedding Advice I’ve Received So Far
I've been engaged for less than a week, but of course, the advice -- whether wanted or not -- is already pouring in!
We (and by we, I mostly mean me, with Duzzy occasionally nodding or suggesting something) have started thinking about some basic things. Like timing. I'm thinking late spring, early summer of next year. Which means I have a TON of time to plan things.
It also means I have a TON of time to hear all kinds of genuine pearls of wisdom -- and pure nonsense -- from ALL kinds of people. Like this:
- 'Honestly? Just elope. Or go somewhere warm with just a few family members and do it that way, it'll be so much easier...' (I thought about it, but I think it's too much to ask people to travel so far and spend so much on us!)
- 'There's a LOT to plan, especially in the beginning, but don't get stressed out. Just try to enjoy it.' (Great advice.)
- 'Only invite who you want to invite.' (That sounds nice and reasonable, until you realize if you invite ONE of your cousins, you have to invite ALL of your cousins -- you know how many 'cousins' there are in a crazy Italian family? Plus all of the friends/family/co-workers who have come out of the woodwork?? Suddenly my guest list is reading like War and Peace and we'll have to host this thing on a football field. So much for not stressing!)
- 'You could have a duel wedding with ******! That'd be cute!' (Mmm...no. I'll be the only bride in attendance, tyvm.)
- 'Just have it in the backyard!' (Ma, I love you, but NO.)
I'm taking it all with a grain of salt, and I've decided for now, I'll just stick to looking at the pretty wedding photos on Pinterest, slowly narrowing down what
I we want and don't want, and assuming it will all work out in the end.
If you have any tips/advice on how to start this overwhelming and crazy journey, I'd love to hear from you!